No-one can be in any doubt about the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic. This has impacted on every aspect of our lives.
At Dunfanaghy Golf Club, we must ensure the safety of our staff and the well-being of our members. We must also be cognisant of the role and reputation our club has within the local community.
On behalf of the men’s committee, I would like to inform the membership that, with immediate effect:
1. ALL competition golf is suspended
2. ALL societies have been cancelled
3. Social golf is encouraged but for members only
4. Social golf must be booked on BRS to allow traceability (in case a player is diagnosed as Covid 19 positive)
5. BRS bookings will be spaced at 15 minute intervals
6. ALL players must observe strict social distancing
There is every possibility that the Irish Government may issue new guidelines which supersede the above. In light of yesterday's directive by the UK Government, all golf course in NI have closed.
I would also advise members that the Festival of Golf, scheduled for 6th & 7th June, has been postponed. We will advise members of a new date in due course.
With the loss of green-fee and society income, these will be extremely challenging weeks and months for the golf club from a financial perspective. For those of you who have not yet had an opportunity to pay your annual subscription, I implore you to do so as soon as possible. The club house will be open on Mondays only from 10am to 1pm when subscriptions can be taken over the phone.
Protect yourselves, your family and your friends
Yours in golf,